Join the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) in collaboration with the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, for a webinar to
Join the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) in collaboration with the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, for a webinar to learn about the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs for researchers and entrepreneurs in translational science.
NCATS offers non-dilutive funding and resources to help small businesses advance and commercialize promising translational biotech and life sciences research technologies. If you are a researcher in these fields and are interested in bringing your innovations to market you may be eligible to apply to the NCATS SBIR and STTR programs.
Register now to join the third webinar in the NIH-BIO Summer Series, NCATS Small Business Funding: Resources and Tips to Commercialize Your Translational Science Innovation, on Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET
The webinar will feature:
- An overview of the SBIR and STTR programs and their benefits
- Key NCATS focus areas to advance clinical research and translational sciences
- Tips for submitting a competitive application
- Upcoming funding opportunities and deadlines
- Other resources and programs, including NCATS’ Therapeutics for Rare and Neglected Diseases (TRND) and Bridging Interventional Development Gaps (BrIDGs) programs
To arrange a one-on-one meeting to discuss your project ideas and related questions, please email the NCATS Office of Strategic Alliances at NCATS-SBIRSTTR@mail.nih.gov and include a non-confidential executive summary describing your SBIR/STTR proposal with any specific aims you intend to address within your application.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals from the following groups are encouraged to attend:
- Small biotech and/or life sciences technology businesses
- Academic entrepreneurs
- Technology transfer organizations
- Entrepreneurs from women-owned and socially and economically disadvantaged (8a) small businesses.
Next in the NIH-BIO Summer Series
Mark your calendar now for these additional upcoming sessions in the series:
- 2021 NIH-BIO Summer Series: Improving Diversity in Biotech by Leveraging SBIR/STTR Opportunities: September 14, 2021 at 1pm (Register)
- Connect with multiple NIH experts on tips on how to secure non-dilutive funding
- Learn about resources and strategies to support commercialization, entrepreneurship, and funding needs
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
The 2021-2022 PHS Omnibus Solicitation is now open. Check out the latest funding opportunities. The next deadlines are September 7, 2021, and January 5 and April 5, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. local time.
(Wednesday) 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm