Sid Martin Biotech is nestled in the heart of a 204-acre research park in North Central Florida. Progress Park is located in the city of Alachua, 20 minutes northwest of the University of Florida’s Gainesville campus. We’re on U.S. 441, 5 minutes from I-75, Exit 399. This location offers a reverse commute from UF traffic and ample free parking.
Wild and Scenic Florida
The 7,000-acre San Felasco Hammock Preserve state park is on our back porch.Its miles of trails attract hikers, bicyclists and horseback riders from all over the state. Crystal-clear, cold-water springs such as Ichetucknee Springs dot the region and offer pristine snorkeling, canoeing and tubing for adventurers. These amenities combine the small-town charm of Alachua with the intellectual and cultural qualities of Gainesville to offer an active lifestyle that attracts and retains a talented workforce.
Visit gainesvilleconnect.com for more information on local schools, homes, careers, cultural amenities, etc.
Our biotech community is always hiring ambitious talent.
Go to the CareerSource of North Central Florida’s website to access a variety of job hunting resources. You can post your CV to EmployFlorida* for statewide opportunities. Job seekers can also find more job information at the BioFlorida job board. Most North Central Florida bioscience companies are clustered in Progress Park, Alachua; view the directory.
If you would like to drop off your CV in person you can visit the park. You may also leave some copies at our front desk for the current resident companies in our program.
*To find companies in the Gainesville area, filter results by the “North Central Florida” regional distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I find job postings on company websites?
Many bioscience companies are small and recruit by word-of-mouth. But some companies, such as RTI Surgical, AxoGen, and AGTC, post career openings online.
Is there a jobs database for Florida that includes bioscience jobs in Gainesville/Alachua?
- The University of Florida is one of the largest employers in Gainesville. You can explore jobs at UF, filter it by location, work type and categories that interest you.
- Employ Florida offers a search feature that allows you to find a job by location, keyword, employer or education.
- The BioFlorida job board allows you to search by keyword or job title, location, position, job function or company.
- Go to the CareerSource of North Central Florida’s website to access a variety of job hunting resources.
- View the Progress Park directory of companies located there. Many are bioscience companies.
Any advice for jobseekers?
Network, network, network! Look for opportunities to attend local tech/biotech events, like the annual Celebration of Biotechnology in Progress Park, Alachua, with over 650 participants. We are one of the organizers, and you can contact us at (386) 462-0880 to get on our mailing list. Good luck with your job search.